Please click here to download/print the PDF file.
Instructions for Match Officials officiating at the Downsview Soccer League (Small Sided indoor soccer at The Hangar and 11v11 at the Downsview Dome):
- Please check in at the League’s Office upon arrival, at least 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
- For Small Soccer the League follows the Ontario Indoor Soccer Rules (available for download here). League Rules can be found here. Please read and study these carefully. Please note: DRIBBLE-INS are allowed in the U9 to U12 age divisions.
- For 11v11 soccer, the League follows FIFA rules as adopted by Ontario Soccer, with the following exceptions:
- Unlimited substitutions as per 6) below.
- IDF awarded if ball hits wiring or ceiling.
- Retreat line is enforced for U12 and younger ages. Additional information here.
- NO CLEATS or outdoor shoes allowed at the Hangar Fields. Match Officials must enforce this rule strictly – players wearing cleats are NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY!
- Players may wear NON-METAL cleats in the DOME.
- Unlimited substitutions are permitted at any time and may be made on the fly. Substitutions do not require a stoppage in play.All substitutions must take place within one metre of the halfway line on the side of the field where the substituting player’s bench is located.
- All games are 2x25 minute halves.
- You must use the facility clock/scoreboard at all games. However, no scores are to be displayed for grassroots soccer (U12 and younger) ages. If you are not familiar with the operation of the clock/scoreboard, follow the instructions on each device, or ask one of the conveners to guide you.
- Games must start on time. If the game is delayed for whatever reason and time will encroach into the next game, the referee must reduce the time of the halves so the game finishes 5 minutes before the next kick-off.
- Game fees:
- Small-Sided: $30.00 per game, paid $15.00 in cash by each team.
- 11v11: Referee $30.00/AR $25.00 each per game paid $40.00 in cash by each team.
- If the game if not started for whatever reason, the Match Officials do not get paid and the referee must file a Special Incident Report to claim any fees they may be entitled to as per the League Rules & Regulations.
- Upon completion of the game, completed game sheets (ALL FIELDS MUST BE FIILED) must be given to the league convener at the league’s office, along with any disciplinary reports. If additional time is needed to complete disciplinary reports, the Referee may forward such reports to the league within 24 hours (failure to do this will result in disciplinary action).
- After the game, the Referee must update score in RefCentre within 24 hours. Please remember that if a game is not played, or is abandoned, the referee MUST contact the League before updating RefCentre.
- The League has zero tolerance for bad behaviour for all participants. Any person who does not act in a responsible manner may be expelled from the premises.
- PROFESSIONALISM – The League expects a high degree of professionalism from all match officials. Lack of knowledge of the Laws of the Game or rules of the competition, late arrivals, no-shows, poor fitness, not wearing the proper attire as per ONTARIO SOCCER published procedures, failure to carry out the required administrative duties, lack of empathy for the game, or any breach of the Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct for Match Officials may be cause for disciplinary action and/or removal from the list of active match officials,
For further information please go to the league website at www.nysoccer.ca and click the DSL-YOUTH INDOOR LEAGUE tab.