Click here for a downloadable file.
Instructions for Match Officials
officiating at the Downsview Soccer League (Small Sided indoor soccer at The Hangar
– Downsview Park):
1) Please check in at the league’s service
desk upon arrival, at least 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
2) The League follows the Ontario Indoor
Soccer Rules (available for download here). League Rules can be found here. Please read and study these carefully.
3) Retreat line is enforced for U12 and younger ages.
Additional information here.
4) NO CLEATS or outdoor shoes allowed. Referees must
enforce this rule strictly – players wearing cleats are NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY!
5) Substitutions can be made at any time
during the game; the game cannot be delayed for the substitution.
6) All games are 2x25 minute halves.
7) You must use the facility clock/scoreboard
at all games. However, no scores are to be displayed for grassroots soccer (U12
and younger) ages. If you are not familiar with the operation of the
scoreboard, follow the instructions on each device, or ask one of the convenors
to guide you.
8) Games must start on time. If the game
is delayed for whatever reason and time will encroach in the next game, the
referee must reduce the time of the halves so the game finishes 5 minutes
before the next game.
9) Game fees are $30.00 per game, paid
50/50 by each team.
10) If the game if not started for whatever
reason, the referee does not get paid and must file a Special Incident Report to
claim any fees due.
11) Upon completion of the game, completed
game sheets (ALL FIELDS MUST BE FIILED)
are to be given to the league convenor at the league’s service desk, along with
any disciplinary reports. If additional time is needed to complete Dismissal, Special
Incident, Assault reports, you can hold on to the report(s), but the referee
must forward reports to the league within 24 hours (failure to do this will
result in disciplinary action).
12) After the game the referee must update
score in RefCentre within 24 hours. Please remember that if a game is not
played, or is abandoned, NO SCORE should be recorded.
13) The League has zero tolerance for bad
behaviour for all participants. Any person who fails to act in a responsible
manner may be expelled from the premises.
14) PROFESSIONALISM – A high degree of professionalism is
demanded from all referees. Lack of knowledge of the Laws of the Game or rules
of the competition, late arrivals, no-shows, poor fitness, not wearing the
proper referee uniform and badge, failure to carry out the required
administrative duties, lack of empathy for the game, or any breach of the Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct for Match
Officials may be cause for disciplinary action and/or
removal from the list of active referees.
further information please go to the league website at www.nysoccer.ca and click
the Downsview Soccer League tab.